Fudgey Chocolate Brownies
serves 12 - 16
125 g butter, chopped
200 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
4 eggs, at room temperature
150 g packet almond meal
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
(oh yeah, there is icing too!)
2 teaspoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tablespoon boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 20 cm square cake pan with non-stick baking paper.2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Remove from heat. Cool 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs to chocolate mixture in pan, one at a time, mixing well after each addition (don't worry if the mixture looks like it may curdle - its all good and will come together). Stir in almond meal and vanilla until well combined. Pour into prepared pan, level surface.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set at centre. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
5. Make Icing by stirring all ingredients together until well combined and smooth. Spoon over warm brownie. Allow to set, if you can handle the wait, or eat straight away while still warm!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Eat chilled or return to room temp.